This is a 3rd gen. Core i7 Mobile CPU (Ivy Bridge) + Intel HD 4000 Graphics example updated to 10.9.5.
This also applies to 4th gen. Core CPU + Intel HD 5000 Series Graphics (Haswell) which are HD 4200/4400/4600/5000/5100/5200.
After finding out the proper ig-platform-id for your hardware inside iATKOS M installation, it will work.
You may need to select Intel Activator and VBIOS patch during iATKOS M installation.
For Desktop rigs, make sure to try all of the onboard display output ports including the thunderbolt ones.
Mavericks software updates will not be problem for such systems.
For Desktop Intel HD 4000 systems, if the motherboard is a 6 series chipset model (H61, H67, P67 etc.), then software updates will cause problems.
To apply Mavericks software updates on such systems, follow the steps below:
- Rename AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri2.kext
- Rename AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB2.kext
- Run Kext Utility and reboot.
- Apply the update (by using AppStore or dmg installer)
- Boot into single user mode (-s), delete AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
(which came with the update) and reboot.
Single user mode commands for the operation above:
mount -uw /
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches