Hardware Compatibility Information of iATKOS ML and Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2:
- Intel Core2Duo and newer processors are supported.
- 64bit capability a.k.a. EM64T is required for Mountain Lion which means that Intel Core Duo and older 32bit-only Intel processors are not supported.
- AMD CPUs can not be supported. Maybe another release, maybe another lifetime.
- Please read with attention and do not continuously ask questions about your motherboard compatibility.
- Simply, chipsets from 945G to C606 are supported. Common chips are 945, 965, 975, P35, P43, P45, P55, G31, G41, G43, X58, H61, HM65, HM67, H67, P67, Z68, Z77, X79, C602 and C606.
- Besides the main chipset model, a motherboard has many components. Every component itself may or may not be compatible and even may be problematic for Mountain Lion. Also, BIOS of the motherboard may be problematic to run Mountain Lion. Because of these reasons, some motherboards will not be able to run this OS easily, some of them will need hard efforts in order to make it partially work and some of them will never run it.
- Intel Graphics HD 3000 and HD 4000 are supported, the rest are not. This means Intel HD 2000, Intel HD, X3100, X3150, X4500, GMA950 is not supported.
- nvidia vga cards from G80 core to the newest kepler series (G80, G84, G86, G92, G94, G96, G98, C79, GT200, GT215, GT216, GT218, GF100, GF104, GF106, GF108, GF110, GF114, GF116, GF119, GK104, GK106, GK107) are supported on 10.8.2. This does not mean that all of them will work of course but most of them will work OOB with iATKOS ML.
Some of them will work with issues (some are known issues and some may not be) and some of them may not even work. You will have to try and see it yourself.
Device id injection to Apple’s stock Mountain Lion drivers will be needed for many nvidia cards and iATKOS ML includes this operation automated. However nvidia’s drivers released for Mountain Lion does not need that injection (also included in iATKOS as a choice).
- About ATI, for now 7xxx is not supported. Most of the ATI 6xxx/5xxx/4xxx cards work with modified drivers and the users will have to take the additional steps to use such cards after installation.
- Recommended minimum amount of RAM is 1GB.
- Recommended minimum amount of disk space for installation is 15GB.